Atlantic City Trip on a Budget
Atlantic City is home to entertainment and casinos just like Las Vegas. Nevertheless, it can provide you cheap deals whenever you feel like spending a vacation in town. There are many things that you can do without having to break the bank. Even if you will not be able to snag the best travel deals, there are freebies that you ought to take advantage during your stay. With cultural experiences and good entertainment that the city can give, your Atlantic City holiday will surely be worth your dime.
“If you must gamble in casinos, you better purchase a frequent player card to save up and be firm in the amount that you will allot for such activity.”
Atlantic City has a lot to offer you. However, its renowned casinos may make you flat broke so here are some tips to help you fight the temptations and save up on the best deals.
- It will be easier to spot budget accommodations that can give you lower rates if you will travel in weeknights as there will be fewer tourists in the area. Also, you might consider opting for Atlantic City hotels that are within the downtown area as cabs can be ridiculously expensive.
- Cabs are more expensive than gambling so you will do better with renting a car. This way, you can travel more conveniently. If you are staying in a place where the action is, you will be fine without a vehicle. Although you can ride in trams whenever you get tired from walking, you will find it a bit slower than human traffic. Your best bet is the cheap buses.
- There are plenty of cheap eats around the world-famous Boardwalk area where you can find a wide variety of foods that will appeal to you. Due to its proximity to New York, the restaurants here know and serve traditional hotdog sandwiches and great pizzas. Your favorite leading fast food chains also have stores here. Located at the Boardwalk and Park Place, the New Jersey Korean War Memorial is definitely one site you should also visit.
- If your dime has been burning a hole in your pocket, you can revel in the casinos in Atlantic City. If you feel that you must amble, you should purchase a “frequent player card” so that you can save up on the chips. However, since there is no assurance of winning, you need to set up an amount that you will gamble and stick to that budget. Otherwise, you will end up down and out.
- Experience the culture of the city by checking out Atlantic City Historical Museum which is open to the public. There are also family-friendly attractions that would not cost you an arm and a leg. Visit the Hollywood Planet and marvel with your kids with quirky stuffs in Ripley’s Believe It or Not. There are also parks in the city where you can take your family during a warm day. If you want to find terrific bargains, head off to Tropicana and the Main Street for an ultimate shopping experience.
Such money-saving deals can make your cash stay in your pocket. Pinching pennies does not have to hinder having fun in Atlantic City though.