With a lot of businesses moving online, digital marketing has become rather competitive. Bringing interactive web designs, SEO and content at the forefront, it has become imperative for companies to keep up with the changing Google algorithms and marketing trends. Here are top SEO trends that your company needs to watch out for:
- Stress on good-quality content:With Google’s new algorithm Fred, it has now become extremely important for websites to employ good, user-centric content. The algorithm aims to downrank all the websites that use spammy links and aim only at monetization resulting in irrelevant content. A good SEO company UK will re-evaluate your online content strategy to ensure sustained success in the digital arena.
- Mobile-based strategies:Since most tech-savvy people are moving towards smartphones and tabs, a lot of stress is laid by an expert SEO company UK on mobile-only features and indexing. With people preferring to make purchases over a smartphone, it has become crucial for companies to reflect the same and revamp the strategy. Mobile-first indexing suggests how heavily people are using smartphones instead of desktops for searches and purchases.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages:Since the use of smartphones has immensely increased, AMPs have been introduced. AMPs or Accelerated Mobile Pages are webpages which load at 4 times accelerated speed as compared to desktops, using 10 times less data. Though it is not certain how this affects the page ranking, a good SEO company UK will tell you that it certainly reduces the bounce rate and improves the site’s average visiting session.
- Infographics:Since infographics are easier to understand and grab attention, these have shown good results in the past and continue to trend in 2017. Although one needs to prepare content that can be arranged in an infographic, but once done, gets a lot of readability and traction to your marketing objectives. An SEO company UK will help you get an infographic that adds value to the concept or the idea explained.
- Local SEO:With more stress laid on businesses available locally, local SEO from an SEO company UK has started to garner a lot of attention. According to a Google report on “Local SEO Behaviour”, it was found that half of the customers who made a local search visited the office within a day, while only 1 out of 3 make the certain purchase online. It was also found that 4 out of 5 customers prefer results that belong to their same are, city or state.
- Answers to questions:Many users type in questions as their queries. Blogs and content which provide a solution to those questions are highly rated. Googles “Featured Snippet Boxes” displays answers to the question-based queries and hence allows better visibility. To improve the chances of making it to the Snippet Box, prepare your content in a more Answer to the question format. Include bullet points so that Google bots can scan the content quickly and be more user-friendly.
With companies taking their SEO strategies seriously, it is important for them to be up to date with everything that is happening in the digital world. As corroborated by any experienced SEO company UK, these trends are making rounds in 2017 and are sure to amplify in the coming times.