A quick look at the news will quickly reveal how humans are destroying the earth. Toxic sludges, oil spills, fracking, and melting ice caps are just some of the things we hear about over and over again. This is why companies like Terra Group have placed an emphasis on sustainability and eco-friendliness. For Pedro Martin Terra Group was the perfect company to work on his own passion for sustainability.
The reality is that humans make mistakes and that this can have disastrous consequences for the environment. It is vital, therefore, that everybody bands together in order to correct mistakes, as well as to not make any further ones. While large companies like the Terra Group focus on the big sustainable construction projects, individuals can contribute by being more aware of their own actions.
Key tips that Pedro Martin has helped to develop include:
- To turn off the water during tooth brushing.
- To make sure faucets don’t drip.
- To only water a lawn when it needs to.
- To collect rain water in a barrel and use this in landscaping.
- To have energy-efficient boilers installed.
- To compost green waste.
- To recycle and reuse.
- To not leave lights on.
- To properly insulate a home.
Eco-builders like Terra Group have certain standard practices included as standard in their projects, including:
- To insulate everything and everywhere.
- To ensure doors, windows, and appliances are energy-efficient.
- To systematically recycle grey water.
- To install rain barrels at key locations.
- To use renewable, recyclable, and recycled items in construction.
- To install sustainable energy production methods such as solar panels.
- To focus on native plants in landscapes.
- To ensure their designs take advantage of the natural resources and elements.
Anyone can make a difference to the future of our plant. It is easy an inexpensive to install rain barrels and they can make a huge difference. Motion detectors that switch lights on and off are cheap and easy to install, and it doesn’t cost the earth to fix broken faucets. Anyone who wants to make a difference, therefore, has the option of doing so. They can also contact Pedro Martin for further tips and inspiration.
The reality is that we all hope there will be a planet left for the next generation. We want to pay it forward, ensuring that our children and grandchildren have somewhere clean and wonderful to live. Even the smallest thing helps, so those people who believe they won’t make a difference are mistaking as well. Something as simple as switching to an energy efficient lightbulb makes a massive difference. Not just that, there is a cumulative effect. As people see that you are making sustainable efforts, they may do the same as well, and they will then inspire more people, and so on.
And should you be in a position where you want to have a new construction built, then do work with companies like Terra Group to make sure it is sustainable.