When it comes to the lighter market, one brand often stands head and shoulders above the rest: BIC. Known for their reliability and durability, BIC lighters have carved a unique niche, not only as a tool for smokers but also as an invaluable utility in various other contexts. This article aims to shed light on the unassuming yet impressively versatile nature of BIC lighters.
A Brief History of BIC Lighters
BIC started as a company that sold ballpoint pens back in 1945. About 25 years later, they decided to use their expertise in making quality pens to produce lighters as well. The move was a big success. People found BIC lighters to be reliable and safe, and before long, BIC became a leading name in the lighter industry.
Why BIC Dominates the Market
- Quality Control: BIC takes quality seriously. Each lighter goes through a long list of tests to make sure it’s up to the mark. That’s why when you buy a BIC lighter, you know you’re getting something that will work well and work safely.
- Long-Lasting: What sets BIC lighters apart from many others is how long they last. Unlike some other brands that give out after a short period, BIC lighters are known for their durability. This makes them a great choice for people who are looking for something that will provide good value for money.
Beyond Smoking: Other Uses for BIC Lighters
- Outdoor Adventures: Many campers and outdoor enthusiasts always keep a BIC lighter handy. These lighters are often used for starting campfires or lighting camping stoves. Because of their reliability, they’re a staple item in many camping kits.
- Emergency Situations: The durability and reliability of BIC lighters make them a common item in emergency survival kits. In tough situations where you need to start a fire quickly, having a BIC lighter could be a lifesaver.
- At Home: BIC lighters aren’t just for smokers or campers. They’re also super useful around the house. You can use them to light your stove, to melt the end of a frayed rope, or even to start your barbecue grill.
- Arts and Crafts: Artists and crafters have found unique uses for BIC lighters. Some use the flame to help set certain types of paint. Others use it in more elaborate ways, like shaping materials such as glass and metal.
- Child Safety Features: BIC added features to its lighters to make them harder for children to use back in 1991, way before it was required by law. They’ve always been ahead of the curve when it comes to safety.
- User Education: BIC doesn’t just make safe lighters; they also teach people how to use them safely. The company provides guidelines on how to store and dispose of your lighter properly to minimize risks.
Whether you’re into camping, need a reliable lighter around the house, or are looking for a sturdy and safe tool for your creative projects, BIC lighters are a solid choice. With their long history of quality and safety, it’s no wonder they continue to be a popular pick for so many different uses.