Ropes, wooden pallets, and bamboo were all found in traditional scaffold products. Over time, however, this has changed as it become too labor extensive and the necessary financial resources were too great as well. Additionally, these tools were not as safe as they could be, and safety is of the greatest importance when it comes to scaffolding.
As technology has developed, traditional scaffolding developed with it, using materials that are more durable and free from corrosion. Today, scaffolding includes a wealth of different scaffold fittings, but also a range of different accessories, all required to make sure the fitting of the tower is completely safe.
The Advantages of Modern Scaffolding Tools
There are five key reasons as to why the development of modern scaffolding, and the phasing out of traditional bamboo scaffolds, has improved construction:
- Only one person is required to set the whole tower up. It doesn’t matter how high the tower has to be, so long as the person installing it is aware of how all the accessories work, and how the fittings go together. Some scaffold towers can even be folded up and raised again when needed.
- They are much lighter than traditional models. This means the whole tower has become more portable. This is very important in the construction of new buildings, roadworks, or bridges, where the tower itself has to be moved as each section is completed.
- It is much quicker to use. There is no more guesswork, and there are no more estimations. Additionally, because it is so quick and easy to set up, construction workers can start on their actual job much sooner as well. Plus, because everything is quick, safe, and secure, there has been a significant reduction in accidents. Lastly, it is much quicker to dismantle the tower as well.
- The materials are corrosion free, as they are made mainly of wood and aluminum. This means that they are really durable and can be used again and again.
- Even amateurs can use these products. While it is important to be trained on the proper usage of a scaffold tower, they are no longer the dangerous tools that only highly trained experts are able to use. Again, with the advent of mobile towers, domestic users are able to rent and use these towers safely.
Thanks to modern scaffolding, the construction industry has been able to boom, creating more buildings and other forms of constructions in a quicker, faster, and more cost-efficient way. There is also a greater understanding of safety procedures, and which types of behaviors when using scaffolding can cause accidents. It has to be said that bamboo continues to be a very important material, and one that is good for the planet, but it is more suitable for areas in which the lives of people is not placed at risk. When it comes to scaffolding, aluminum is a far superior material and it is no surprise that it is now used across the board.