Are you following methods that no longer work? Have you used effective organization techniques in the past that just don’t seem relevant today? Has your team management strategies become obsolete? Maybe those tools are still totally effective in your company, and doing something that is already known and works is a good way to not be distracted by newer methods that would take too much time to learn and train. However, what if I told you the competition is using one of the latest organization techniques that could make them become the leading brand? Even if your training content is better, the method you use to communicate is the game changer.
THE NEW MODEL – WHY IS SIX SIGMA SO RELEVANT?
After troubleshooting the traditional structure of our business, we can start considering more effective models. We will introduce some of the benefits and features of this system:
- Mapping processes: The main methodology benefit is creating maps of decisions where the team can recognize the whole group of processes, step by step, since the beginning to the successful end of a project. Every task is defined by someone’s responsibility. Members can define where they want to make their decisions and initiatives. Also, this decision chart is so specific that it is really easy to include improvements and identify problems.
- Identifying Flaws: Do you remember when we mentioned being busy and producing results? Six Sigma DMAIC reports all the activities that are not essential to success so they can be removed.
- Green Belt Training: Green belt employees receive this title when they include a Six Sigma Certification in their resumes, upholding their training.
As you can see, big corporations are already immersed in creating this type of employee. It can be very uncomfortable to shift to new techniques. Luckily, green belt training services, which are already giving employees master enhanced organization skills and problem-solving, help save time in training by hiring them.
MISTAKES YOU ARE MAKING IN YOUR BUSINESS THAT COST RESULTS
Before going into the strategies we should use, we may have to consider some of the flaws we want to remove:
- Training: In today’s world, people’s attention is so scattered that it is barely possible to teach effectively without some type of stimulant or interaction. It could be the next milestone they need to focus on, a problem they look to resolve, a debate practice to make them ask lots of questions, or maybe train their creativity? Those days where trainers used to create monologue presentations no longer work to keep the engagement.
- Relatability: Good leadership is defined by a clear vision. In this case, team members need to clearly identify the purpose of their efforts and how do the results directly impact them. According to psychological research, it becomes easier to concentrate on your assignment when you are not constantly feeling doubtful about your next project.
- Data Registering: Knowing your numbers, even if it is not an activity that directly produces revenue, is the best way to hold employees accountable, especially to keep them motivated. It is too easy to fall into the trap of rewarding being busy instead of delivering results. An extensive analysis of all the metrics of your company allows workers to define their worth based on the value they actually bring
THE SIX SIGMA DMAIC STEPS
Workers who are trained based on this structure follow a very simple sequence to make sure they achieve their mission:
- Define: It consists of deciding the limits of the project; particularly, finding what type of goals we look for, what parameters are useful when being tracked, how to divide the team strategically in all the steps.
- Measure: It is vital to pivot and interrupt mistakes. Data may reveal areas of enhancement.
- Analyze: It is completely focused on troubleshooting.
- Improve: Workers propose ideas to test that. If successful, they will apply for all the processes.
- Control: Finding ways to keep the performance levels consistent over time—maintenance activities.
By giving team workers all the data and specific projects they have to work on, it is very easy to effectively leverage and successfully leads to lasting success as a company.